CIM Group, headquartered in Hollywood, California, is a premier real estate fund manager and a major contributor to urban community development throughout North America. CIM understands that our success hinges on the highest level of motivation and collaborative effort from our team. That's why we are looking for self-starters of the highest integrity who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Visit our website at www.cimgroup.com for more information on our company.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting internal audits on financial, operational and key processes to ensure appropriate controls are in place and work is being conducted according to established parameters. Plans and executes internal audits; indentifies policy deviations or exceptions; evaluates for significance; recommends appropriate corrective action which will add the most value to the organization; works with senior management to develop action plans to correct policy deviations; establishes and documents operational and financial accounting policies for improved processes.
· Conduct various internal audits, both financial and operational in nature, including audits of management fees, workflow management, unrecorded liabilities, etc.
· Identify, develop and document controls for discrete business cycles to be implemented and monitor on a continual basis.
· Develop and document accounting policies to be implemented throughout the organization and monitor on a continual basis.
· Review various IT financial systems, including Yardi and Nexus Payables, on an ongoing basis to identify control and process issues; recommend and implement process improvements.
· Review various business cycles, processes and procedures, identify gaps, and recommend areas for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
· Research and discuss technical implications of complex accounting issues and transactions with Accounting, Development, Investments, Legal, Leasing and Property Management departments; recommend and work with senior management on final resolution to ensure compliance with GAAP and Fund requirements.
· Drive collaboration among managers, directors, and projects leads to resolve conflicts in a proactive and cooperative manner which provides the best overall solution for CIM.
· Develop and share technical and comprehensive knowledge of applicable accounting and reporting standards as well as internal control processes through training, attending relevant conferences and continuing professional education.
· Coordinate with Investor Relations to fulfill ongoing and ad hoc requests from potential investors’ due diligence questionnaires.
Educational/Experience Requirements (including certifications, licenses, etc):
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
· Public Accounting, Real Estate/Private Equity experience highly desirable.
Communication Skill Requirements:
· Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; with ability to respond effectively to sensitive situations and inquiries.
· Ability to write company-wide correspondence, reports, policies and formulate responses to due diligence questionnaires.
· Ability to effectively present information to senior management and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical materials, financial reports and/or legal documents.
To Apply: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=1300911
Back to previous page