CIM is a hands-on, catalytic, and transformational investor. This approach has allowed CIM to leverage its perspective, expertise, relationships, and operational experience to manifest value in every investment.
CIM examines urban communities to determine whether an area qualifies for, and can justify, the extensive efforts CIM undertakes in making investments. As part of its underwriting process, CIM qualifies communities based on the following criteria:
- Improving economic and demographic trends based on a data analysis covering at least 20 years
- Public commitment to real estate investment consistent with CIM views
- A sufficient level of private sector investment
- Underserved niches of real estate infrastructure
- Potential for upwards of $100 million of opportunistic equity investments in the subsequent five years
Once a community is qualified, CIM proactively identifies and evaluates specific investment opportunities through its own market analysis and due diligence. In addition, CIM also relies on input from its network of real estate brokers, property owners, municipalities, redevelopment agencies, consultants, architects, national and regional retail tenants, builders, and prospective partners.