The Manager, Corporate Audit & SOX is responsible for managing and performing a range of operational, compliance and SOX related audits and/or reviews as part of the Company’s internal audit program. Further details of the tasks relevant to this role are listed below:
· Manage and execute SOX testing program under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Audit & SOX, which includes planning, testing, and reviewing of internal controls. The role includes supervision of internal audit staff and / or SOX consultants, as applicable. (65%)
· Manage and execute operational reviews and audits under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Audit & SOX. Responsibilities include audit planning, testing, and reviewing of internal controls, key business and IT processes, data integrity and reporting, and financial performance based on established audit objectives (15%)
· Responsible for identifying, documenting, and communicating audit issues or findings, including performing a preliminary risk and impact assessment. Work with management to remediate audit issues or findings, track and monitor progress of remediation efforts, and assists on a consultative basis where needed to ensure the issues are resolved or the associated risks are reduced to an acceptable level (10%)
· Supervise staff, consultants and provide on-the-job training; review work papers and reports prepared by internal audit staff or external consultant (5%)
· Assist the Director, Corporate Audit & SOX with administrative work associated with the Corporate Audit function, which includes preparing the annual audit work plan, enhancing the internal audit approach to increase the quality and effectiveness of audits, and assist on a consultative basis in the management and oversight of CIM’s internal controls (5%)
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred.Minimum 5 to 8 + years of internal audit and/or accounting experience (“Big 4” background is desirable) required, preferably in public accounting and/or private industry experience in the private equity and/or real estate industries.Experience and knowledge of best practices in operational and compliance reviews.Strong understanding of US GAAP, auditing principles, and internal controls. Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability effectively present to peers and senior management.CPA, CIA, CISA or other professional audit designation desirable.
COMMUNICATION SKILL REQUIREMENTS:Ability to effectively present information both verbally and in writing to a broad range of audiences including, but not limited to, external parties, senior management within the organization, public groups such as business owners, and audit committees.Ability to effectively communicate audit results; experience in writing audit memos preferred. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical materials, financial reports and / or legal documents.Ability to perform basic to intermediate data analytics, and effectively interpret and communicate the results of the analysis.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:Knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, COBIT, PCAOB preferred.Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including expert level experience with Excel preferred.Familiar with Yardi, MRI, Avid, Nexus, Salesforce, Argus, or similar software desirable.
PERFORMANCE METRICS:Ability to work independently and “manage-up”, with limited required direction and guidance. A team player with ability to provide appropriate direction to staff members on the project.Ability to work effectively and tactfully with management to accomplish audit tasks. Accuracy in work product and attention to detail in testing.Timeliness in completion of work product.Timely follow-through with management in regarding remediation action plans. Maintain a current level of expertise relating to professional standards and emerging industry and technical developments, including US GAAP, COSO, COBIT, PCAOB, emerging technologies and best practices. Research internal audit-related and other relevant technical issues and stay current on internal auditing techniques and pronouncements.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:Local and domestic travel up to 20%.